Abraham Attah: Africa's Next Big Star

19:29

Abraham Attah: 8 Things To Know About ‘Beast Of No Nation’ Young Actor

Fame and fortune smiled on young Abraham Attah when he landed the role of Agu in Netflix’s Beasts of No Nation. Although the Ghanaian kid actor had never acted a day in his life, his appearance fitted the character the producers were searching for.
Who is this young man who recently won the coveted ‘Best Young Actor Award’ at the Venice Film Festival?
 
Here are 8 things you need to know about this rising star.
1. He’s a 14-year-old rising actor from Accra, Ghana.
2. Abraham Attah was playing hooky from school when he was approached by a member of the production staff of the Netflix movie Beasts of No Nation. He was brought in for an audition and won the lead role of Agu, an African boy forced into a team of mercenary fighters.
3. He Wasn’t Scared by Beasts’ Violence While Filming, But He was Afraid of Idris Elba. He said, “I was scared because it was my first time shooting a movie. I was afraid of [Elba] at first because I see him to be someone big, and I’m like an ant in front of him,” Attah told People.
 
4. Attah told The Times his favorite scene in the film, “My favorite scene was [when] we were in the jungle, and I was in front of the audience, and behind me, we were going to kill the people who live in the village. So I was the commandant.”
Also Read: Ghanaian Kid actor Abraham Attah lands new movie role after ‘Beasts Of No Nation’
 
5. Since a successful movie debut, Abraham has landed new roles in upcoming movies like ‘Out of the Village,’ and ‘The Modern Ocean’ alongside A-List Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves.
6. Despite false reports, Abraham is not a street child and lives with one of his parents in Ashiaman, Accra Ghana.
7. Abraham’s new found fame hasn’t changed him in any way. In an interview on Joy FM he told host Lexis Bill, he is still the same person his friends know. “I’m still Abraham; I’m not like a big person. I’m still their friend that they know for a long time. I am still going to be Abraham,”.
8. The young star recently won one of the highest honors at the Venice Film Festival! He walked away with the Marcello Mastroianni Best Young Actor Award.
 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/zaraboateng/